The benefits of buying a bike in this manner are:
- cheap bikes - cheaper than flohmarkts
- proof of receipt - means you can sell off bike later more easily
- not supporting bicycle theft
- it's an exciting atmosphere and gives you a buzz when you're the highest bidder
If you contact us at BSB, we may be attending and be able to help you out.
The next BVG auction
- ~ 40 bikes on offer usually (also other items, sporting equipment, cameras, laptops, phones, etc.)
- requires you to pay a deposit of 5€ for the bidding slip in order to place a bid (bring your Anmeldung or other proof of your address, passport)
- a bit chaotic/ unorganised at times
- pay with EC card or cash only (no credit cards)
- will be taking place on 24th January from 8am (viewing of bikes) and then auction starts at 10am.
BVG auction 24/01/13 website - click here
The next Polizei auction
- ~ 200 bikes on offer usually (also other items, sporting equipment, cameras, laptops, phones, etc.)
- no bidding slip required - bid using your upraised hand, pay for each item immediately after you have won it
- well organised
- cash only - no cards
- will be taking place on 29th January from 8am (viewing of bikes) and then auction starts at 10am at a different location.
Werdauer Weg 23 (Nähe S-Bahnhof Schöneberg)
Polizei auction 29/01/13 website - click here
The details of all future BVG and Polizei auctions will be on the calendar in "Things to do" at the top of this page.